Guide to Hospital Admission
We offer a hospital stay that comes close to normal life.
To protect privacy, all patient rooms are private rooms with their own toilet. Private rooms with bathrooms are also available for an additional charge, for an even more relaxing environment.
Continuation of Work
While admitted to Kuma Hospital, or waiting for an examination, you can use cell phones to continue with work or other daily activities. Moreover, some rooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access that let you use a personal computer whenever you want.
Short Average Hospital Stays
The average stay is about eight days. Kuma Hospital provides support to let you return to daily life as soon as possible.
If hospitalization is determined to be necessary, proceed at the designated date and hour directly to the nurse station on the 4th floor.
What is required for hospitalization procedures
- Examination card
- Proof of health insurance, proof of benefits (welfare medical verification, public expenses, etc.)
- Admittance to hospital agreement (This is provided when the hospitalization date is reserved. Be sure to add the signatures and stamps of the patient and guarantor before the hospitalization date.)
- Diagnostic interview ticket
- Consent agreement for prognosis survey (distributed to selected persons only)
- Hospitalization guide pamphlet
Presentation of proof of health insurance, etc.
As Kuma Hospital will be checking for proof of health insurance, and for senior citizen and welfare medical verification qualifications, be sure at time of admittance to present these at the nurse station on the 4th floor. In particular, if there have been any changes to the proof of health insurance and proof of benefits, etc., please inform us immediately.
Things to Bring at Time of Admittance
1. Things to have at time of admittance
- Front-opening pajamas
- Underwear (including change of underwear)
- Slippers (non-slip type)
- Tissue paper (box type)
- Washbasin items (toothbrush, toothpaste)
- 3 bath towels (of which one should have full name written on it)
- 2-3 towels
- Bath set (soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Regular medicines (absolutely do not forget to bring these)
- Mug cup
- Shaving kit (for the men)
- 2 elastic hair bands (for persons with long hair only; no metal attachments)
- Ballpoint pen
※Chopsticks, spoons, and other eating utensils are provided by Kuma Hospital.
2. Other convenient items
- Laundry soap
- Hair dryer (also available for loan by Kuma Hospital)
- Wet tissues
- Cardigan or other knit to wear over gown, etc.
- Nail clippers
※ Bedding is provided by Kuma Hospital.
※If you have documents to submit to life insurance companies, bring the requisite application forms. Preparation of documents provided to us during the hospitalization will take two to three weeks after the first outpatient examination following discharge from Kuma Hospital. When the documents are ready, we will give them to you at the next examination, or send them by post.
※If you have cash or valuables, please use the safety box (strong box) provided in each room. Since a lot of people pass in and out of Kuma Hospital each day, please refrain from bringing in large amounts of cash or valuables to reduce opportunities for theft. Kuma Hospital cannot provide compensation for lost items.
※Kuma Hospital does not loan out personal computers. If you want to connect to the Internet, please bring your own personal computer.
All rooms are private rooms. Each are equipped with a bed, bedside stand, locker, toilet, washbasin, telephone, TV, and safety box. Larger rooms with more facilities are also available for an additional charge. Note that such charges are not covered by insurance and will be assumed by the patient.
If the desired room is not available, you may be asked to use a room designated by Kuma Hospital. Please be aware that special rooms or rooms with bath are available only with an additional charge.
Chic interior design provides a relaxed room atmosphere. Expansive powder room and bath area enhance the resort feeling.
- Room charge(per day) : 25,000yen
- Number of rooms : 2rooms
- Facilities : Bathroom, toilet (with washlet), powder room, reclining chair, chest, writing desk, high-speed Internet, large-screen plasma TV with terrestrial digital compatibility (free cable TV access), refrigerator, toaster
Room with Bath
Relax in your own private bath. Enjoy your stay with a full array of facilities.
- Room charge(per day) : 10,000yen
- Number of rooms : 14rooms
- Facilities : Unit bath, toilet (with washlet), writing desk, sofa, high-speed Internet, refrigerator, LCD TV with terrestrial digital compatibility (free cable TV access)
- Room charge(per day) : Free of charge
- Number of rooms : 39rooms
- Facilities : Toilet (with washlet), TV with terrestrial digital compatibility (charge for cable TV access)
Kuma Hospital provides meals suited to disease conditions (liquid diets, diabetic diets, liver disease diets, etc.). Breakfast is provided at 8 a.m., lunch at 12 noon, and supper at 6 p.m. As you may be required to skip or delay meals for surgery, tests, etc., be sure to follow the instructions of the doctor or nurse.
Electrical Devices, the TV, and Washing Machine
- Due to the risk of fire, you may not bring in electric stoves, toasters, portable stoves, or heaters, etc. If you want to bring in electric foot warmers or electric blankets, please obtain prior approval from the nurse.
- You can use the TV by purchasing a card from the vending machine. The TV card vending machine is located in the cafeteria/lounge.
- For laundry, use the coin laundries (with dryers) located in the 4th and 5th floors. Charges: Washing machine 1 cycle: 200 yen, Dryer 60 minutes: 200 yen.
For a Comfortable Stay at Kuma Hospital
- During your stay, be sure to follow all instructions by doctors and nurses.
- Try not to annoy other hospitalized patients, and show consideration for each other.
- As room assignments may change depending on treatment, please be cooperative if such occurs.
- Persons wishing to go out or stay overnight elsewhere must obtain the approval of the attending doctor, and follow the nurse’s instructions.
- While there is no problem with using cell phones when medical equipment is not used, please maintain good manners.
- Wakeup time is 6 a.m., and lights out time is 9 p.m.
- Please cooperate with fire prevention efforts. Smoking in the building is prohibited at Kuma Hospital.
- Bringing in and drinking alcohol is prohibited.
- Please refrain from using the parking facility to park your car during your hospitalization period.
- Please refrain from giving gratuities or tips to hospital staff at time of admittance to or discharge from Kuma Hospital.
- Be sure to check the locations of emergency exits and fire escape equipment.
If a fire or other emergency situation occurs, be sure to follow the instructions of doctors, nurses, and staff members.
※If you find issues or have problems during your stay at Kuma Hospital, do not hesitate to ask a staff member.
Payment of Hospitalization Fees
- The hospitalization fee includes admittance, surgery, treatment, injections, meals, and room fee, etc.
- The amount paid by the patient (hospitalization fee) may differ depending on the type of insurance.
- As an invoice for the hospitalization fee will be presented at time of discharge from hospital, please pay at the accounts window on the 1st floor (from 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, to 4 p.m. on Thursdays)
- Please make the payment in cash.
- If you are unclear about the fees, please inquire at the nurse station on the 4th floor.
Procedure for Discharge from Hospital
On the discharge date, obtain permission to leave from the attending doctor, and follow the nurse’s instructions. Please pay the hospitalization fee at time of discharge. An invoice as shown below will be delivered to your room.
- Invoice delivered：After 3 p.m. on day prior to discharge date (for Mondays, on the same day)
- Payment location：Accounts window on the 1st floor
Saturdays and Holidays
- Invoice delivered：For Fridays and holidays, the previous day
- Payment location：Accounts window on the 1st floor
※People discharged on Saturdays or holidays, who were unable to make payments before the discharge date will be requested to do so at the nurse station on the 4th floor. Please pay an exact amount so that making change is not necessary.
※When discharged, be sure to obtain an examination card at the account window on the 1st floor. If making payment on a holiday in the hospital ward, this ticket will be presented at the hospital ward.